When you have a blog, it is mandatory to post at least one recipe of banana bread.. Well, I might post you more than one since banana is one of my favorite ingredients in pastry!
Banana bread can be made with tons of things such as chocolate, cinnamon, vanilla, hazelnuts, walnuts, nuts, flour or flakes, sugar added or unsweetened, etc. Well, pretty much whatever you want..
I usually go for a healthy recipe (some might say that it isn’t a real banana bread.. I won’t say it’s not true but in that way I can eat it without any guilt!)
This recipe is perfect to start the day or for an afternoon snack !
The recipe :
Preparation time :10 minutes
Cooking time : 20-25 minutes
Total time : 30-35 minutes
- 3 (over) ripe banana
- 2 eggs
- 125 grams of yoghurt (natural or Greek)
- 100 grams of flakes (I personally like to use spelt flakes)
- 25 grams of walnuts
- 1/2 packet of baker’s yeast or 3 grams of baking soda
- Spices: cinnamon (amount depending on individual taste) !
- Preheat oven on 180 degrees.
- Crush bananas with a fork until you get something “liquid” then add all ingredients and mix (for the ones who do not like having pieces in the cake, you can also put everything in a blender!)
- Transfer to a cake mold
- Cook for about 20 minutes (time depending on the oven !)
Enjoy your BA BA BA BANANA BREAD !
Psst: you can add some chocolate in it.