Eat your greens. The phrase you were horrified to hear back in childhood.. Am I right ? Eat your greens to get taller, eat your greens to get bigger, eat your greens it’s full of vitamins, eat eat eat..
Well, it’s correct. Greens are great source of vitamins and minerals. Green soup are perfect and packed with everything you need to get through cold season !
But don’t forget, to be well prepared to get through cold and flu season it’s important to vary the colors (red, orange, yellow, white, green, etc)!
During winter months most of us don’t have the motivation to create vibrant healthy meals. We’re more into comfort food, sugar and fat. Well, we all love and enjoy a good raclette once in a while, but it can’t (well for some people it is) be a weekly habit..
Let say that soup is always a good idea, it is kind off a comfort food too.. For me at least.. I love hot, tasty, colorful soup. Everyday, before having diner I am enjoying a warm bowl of soup. It also reduce the amount of food I am taking in during dinner.
Do you guys like peas ?
- 2 shallots or 1 big onion
- 500 grams of frozen peas
- 1 leek or 2 zucchini or both
- 1 full hand of parsley
- 1 vegetable broth
- 1 piece of fresh turmeric
- Olive oil
- Spices: salt (a tiny little bit), pepper, paprika, etc
- 1 liter (or more) of water (cover the vegetables)
- 1 tablespoon of soya or coconut cream (facultative)
- Cut the shallots and fry them in a little bit of oil
- Put all ingredients and cover with water (except for spices)
- Boil the water and cook for about 20-25 minutes
- Add spices and mix the soup
- Add some soy or coconut cream (facultative)
Enjoy your greens, it’s getting you healthier.
Psssst: you can mix all the vegetables you want.