Pasta al ragu,
One of the favorite dish of kids (though not exclusivey) ! For me pasta al ragu is a good way to make your kids eat some vegetables. I am keeping listening to poor moms having trouble feeding vegetables to their kids..
Well it’s simple, hide them !
My ragu is made with carrots and zucchini but some also put celery, peppers, etc. I guess there isn’t one proper recipe for ragu.
I am also using whole wheat pasta for their amount of fibers and nutrients. It’s proven that complete pasta make you feel full (feel satiety) faster ! And in my opinion it’s tastier than the refined.
I personally use Alce Nero an Italian brand that makes only organic, biologic products and use traditional production methods.
Serving: 3-4 people
Preparation time : 15 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes + 10 minutes for the pasta
Total time : 45 minutes
- 500 ml of tomato puree (passata di pomodoro)
- 300 grams of ground-beef
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- Olive oil
- Spices (origan, thyme, paprika, salt and pepper)
- 2 branches of rosemary
- Slice onion and garlic clove and fry in a small amount of oil (one tablespoon) once it is golden, add the meat and all the spices. Cook for about 10-15 minutes.
- Then add the tomato puree, the branches of rosemary and cook for about 30 minutes on medium heat.
- Meanwhile, heat a pan of water and cook the pasta (time is written on the package!)
- Add the ragu to the pasta or the pasta to the ragu
- For the real pasta lovers, add some parmesan cheese on the top!
Buon Appetito !